Marketing and communication strategy
Case Study 1: Marketing and communication strategy for medical devices company.
To support a leading orthotic and prosthetic limb company in defining a clear marketing and communication strategy that appropriately reflects its diverse stakeholder groups and will drive commercial success.
What was done?
- Developed a full understanding of company ethos, values, objectives and current business
- Defined the key communication objectives for the following year
- Developed key messages – both on corporate level and for products
- Developed a communication strategy to enable focus and prioritisation with limited resource
- Created an advocacy plan to enable collaboration to be established with key patient and professional groups
- Reviewed website and recommended alternative design to reflect external stakeholder needs
- Worked with website design agency providing recommendations on design and layout during website re-design and provided counsel on site marketing to establish it as core of all communications activity
- Reviewed existing marketing collateral and recommended edits or additions
- Researched and sourced copy-writer and photographer to deliver copy and imagery for website and marketing collateral
- Project managed writer and photographer briefing to ensure high quality outputs
- Provided ‘quick hit’ ideas on how to optimise milestones, events, achievements and news to drive awareness of the company and the service it offers to so many people.
- Company clear vision on direction and priority of future marketing effort
- Fresh, user-friendly website established as centrepiece of marketing communication
- Plain-English, targeted marketing material with clear messages and information
- Increased use of endorsement via case studies
Case Study 2: Marketing communication strategy for pharmaceutical management consultancy
- Support business plan with communication strategy
- Raise awareness of the company’s service and capabilities
- Engage with and establish a strong reputation among key stakeholders
What was done?
- Development of communications SWOT analysis and phased strategy
- Reviewed and provided recommendations on company positioning and USP
- Brainstormed opportunities for communication and to establish corporate profile and reputation
- Created business platform and creative theme to align with topical industry issues
- Developed communications strategy and phased communication plan
- Company leadership gained clarity on company direction for positioning and business development
- Key communication priorities identified and actioned
- Agreement to retain ongoing partnership to drove corporate communication and strategy over long term