I have extensive experience in all aspects of public relations or medical communications across the product life cycle in most therapy areas within the UK and globally. This includes leading teams in agencies and in-house to develop communication strategies and lead delivery of communications plans. I have also recently worked with medical communications and public relations agencies and SMEs to provide senior counsel and support. Recent clients include Amgen, AstraZeneca, Dorset Orthopaedic, BioEden, Tomorrow’s Medicines, Jango Communications, the Complete Medical Group and Tonic Life.
For many years I spent significant amounts of time aligning cross-functional teams to agree communication around key data and regulatory milestones, as well as prepare for potential issues scenarios – so I am well used to managing challenging situations and opposing viewpoints! I have spearheaded integrated working practices across Global Brand Teams to improve efficiencies and outcomes, and help change cultures around siloed working. Well-connected, I can draw on specific additional expertise or local resource in other countries as required.
My recent work has covered the following key areas:
- Global and UK PR strategy development
- Communications counsel and direction
- Data / milestone announcement scenario and communication planning
- Regulatory, investor and market access communication strategy development
- Disease awareness planning
- Stakeholder mapping and planning
- Key message development
- Scenario planning
- Issues management
- Health education / patient communication plans and copy-writing
- Press release and other copy development